Windows Server 2022 Standard is an advanced server operating system developed by Microsoft, designed to meet the demanding needs of modern business environments. As the successor to Windows Server 2019, it brings enhanced capabilities and features that are critical for enterprise operations.
- Hybrid Capabilities with Azure: Windows Server 2022 Standard offers seamless integration with Azure services, enabling hybrid functionalities such as Azure Arc for streamlined management and Azure Backup for enhanced data protection.
- Advanced Multi-layer Security: With the integration of Secured-core server and Azure Security Center, this server OS ensures robust security. Features like hardware root-of-trust, firmware protection, and virtualization-based security (VBS) provide comprehensive defense against advanced threats.
- Improved Windows Admin Center: The latest version of Windows Admin Center in Windows Server 2022 Standard delivers an enhanced, user-friendly interface for easier server management, including new capabilities for managing Windows Server on-premises, on Azure, and at the edge.
- Enhanced Container Support: It offers significant improvements in Kubernetes and container support, providing a more efficient and scalable approach to manage containerized applications.
- Networking Innovations: This edition includes advanced networking features such as improved network congestion control, new UDP and TCP performance improvements, and HTTPS and TLS 1.3 enabled by default for secure communications.
- Storage Migration Services: It simplifies the process of migrating servers to newer versions of Windows Server, aiding in moving from legacy systems without losing data integrity or security.
- Flexible Application Platform: With support for Windows Containers and Linux Containers, as well as compatibility with a wide range of enterprise applications, Windows Server 2022 Standard offers a versatile platform for application deployment.
- Enhanced Virtualization: Hyper-V in Windows Server 2022 Standard brings new capabilities in virtualization, with features like nested virtualization for AMD processors and improved VM management.